Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) (/showthread.php?tid=2759)

Pages: 1 2

All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Alwarren - 10-01-2014

Hi all.

Here's a quick run-down on how to add Psycho's revive to your missions:

1. Download it from the post below.
2. Unpack the archive, and go to the tcb_ais_xxx.Altis folder
3. Copy ais_injury into your mission folder
4. In your init.sqf, add
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
   [] spawn {
      TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
      {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});
   };
};

The reason I am using spawn here, as opposed to the code in the sample mission, is that the init uses sleep and therefore will delay everything behind it until after the briefing.

3. Modify the description.ext.
This is the most complicated part, since it depends on your layout of description.ext. There are two sections that need to be added to, RscTitles and CfgFunctions. If you don't have either of those already, just copy and paste this part:
Code:
class RscTitles {
   #include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
};
class CfgFunctions {
   #include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"
};

If you have either, make sure to move the line #include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp" into your own RscTitles and the #include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp" into your own CfgFunction.

4. In your mission folder, go and enter ais_injury\ais_setup.sqf.
I typically use these settings:
Code:
tcb_ais_revive_guaranty         =   false;
tcb_ais_realistic_mode         =   true;
tcb_ais_rambofactor          =    3;
tcb_ais_random_lifetime_factor    =    100;
tcb_ais_show_injury_marker      =   0;
tcb_ais_show_3d_icons         =   0;
tcb_ais_dead_dialog            =   0;
tcb_ais_delTime               =   0;

These are just my preferences, though.

That's it. You are done.

All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Alwarren - 04-20-2015

Hey.

This is the fixed up version of Psycho's revive. It should fix all the issues we had frequently encountered:

- No more medkit/FAK duplication
- No more fire death from a camp fire 10 meters away
- No more rambo factor.

The latter will have implications. I still need to try and tweak the values for going into agony state.

To use, just replace the ais_injury folder in your mission folder with this one, make sure to delete the original one first.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - treendy - 02-06-2016

I seem to be having an issue with Psycho's revive script in single player... works fine until you are bleeding and press "u" to switch to another character.

Once you turn into the other character, your screen is still red, but you can still run around as though you are fine (but scrolling will not show any addAction menu items)

Would I be best to use a different revive script for single player? or is there a fix to this

Thank you

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Alwarren - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 01:49 AM)treendy link Wrote: Once you turn into the other character, your screen is still red, but you can still run around as though you are fine (but scrolling will not show any addAction menu items)

Probably not removing the ppEffect. I really need to have another go at this, there are a few things I wanted to add like dropping a grenade/smoke when you are down.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Brad - 02-06-2016

Hi Treendy Switch player is disabled on default in the ais, you can edit it in the ais_setup.sqf, however I have never tried to take this feature off.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Brad - 02-06-2016

Hi Treendy Switch player is disabled on default in the ais, you can edit it in the ais_setup.sqf, however I have never tried to take this feature off, pretty sure you knew that already ?

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - treendy - 02-06-2016

The switching player works, its just the player you switch too still has the red bleeding screen, even though is is find and able to run around still.

Alwarren has hit the nail on the head, seems like a bug in Pyschos Revive script that needs sorting.... will have a look later to see if I can fix it.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Outlawz7 - 02-06-2016

I think Psycho's revive doesn't support teamswitch, that's why it's disabled in the example mission.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Psychobastard - 02-14-2016

Hello Alwarren,

found this thread again...

"- No more rambo factor."
the linked file did already include the rambo factor. Did you implement the variable again?

regards

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Alwarren - 02-14-2016

Yeah the statement was a bit false. It should have said that incoming damage is no longer influenced by the Rambo factor, the other uses are the same.

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Psychobastard - 02-14-2016

Yeah, thx. I had already seen it in the handleDamage now...
I watch atm finally trough the code and will release it. It includes some other changes that you can pick up after release. (changes made in 2014 but never released until now)

regards

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Stagwine - 02-14-2016

Hey Psycho, great to hear you are working on it! Your revive is best out there used in majority of our missions!

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Psychobastard - 02-21-2016

Update is out now: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161291-a3-wounding-system/?p=2984003

Many thanks again to Alwarren!

regards

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - Varanon - 02-21-2016

Many thanks to you, Psycho! Your script is by far the best out there!

Re: All things Pyscho Revive (fixes, how to use) - treendy - 02-21-2016

Just want to check, since the new Pyscho update, do we still need to add this? or has the reason for adding this been sorted in the update (looks like it may be?)

[] spawn {